Tuesday, September 25, 2007

One of my favorite times of the year


Hey Fam!


I am very excited about this blog idea. Great work Jason! I am scraping for something to post about so I'll just tell you that Melissa and I just got back from our annual Dave Matthews Band mini tour. Melissa and I are big fans of the band and we always attend the Florida shows when they come every summer. This year we saw them on a Wednesday in Tampa (took the rest of the week off), drove down to West palm Beach (on the east coast) and saw the band on Friday night and Saturday night. Our best Friends Sam and Alaina were with us the entire time. What a great time!

10 comments:

Kim O said...

That is awesome. I've seen him in concert a couple of times it is a great show. I'll be going to my favorite Jimmy Buffet for the 4th year in a row in Las Vegas on Oct. 20th. I'm also going to see Van Halen Dec. 20th as a birthday gift to myself. You guys look great.

T Pot said...

Hey Neil...
Do you like Jethro Tull?
We're (slick willie) taking a road trip to Clearwater on December 12th to see Tull at Ruth Eckerd Hall and I have an extra ticket.
Ya wanna join us???
Oh and...I partly agree with Kim...everybody in the picture looks great except for you!

Brother Bob said...

I agree with Tom. But as the saying goes, "Three outa four ain't bad". By the way, here's a trivia opportunity: We all know that there's no one in Jethro Tull named Jethro Tull (just as no one in Lynyrd Skynyrd is named Lynyrd Skynyrd). So, who was (or is) Jethro Tull. No, no, no..., no Googling! And while we're at it, who is Lynyrd Skynyrd named after (Tom told me this one several years ago).

T Pot said...

I didn't google...
I think Jethro Tull was a "town cryer" or something like that...is that right?
Here's something funny Lamar made up: Remember the lyric from the Pink Floyd song that says "Oh, by the way, which one's Pink".
Lamar sings it this way...
"The band is just fantastic but they're really kind of silly, oh, by the way, which one's Willie!"

Barbara said...

Oh, you're silly, Willy!

Neil said...

I've never been a huge flute fan.

jase said...

In the picture, Neil is the only one out of focus. It looks photoshopped. Strange.

Barbara said...

Neil, much like all the hijokopo family members, is so good looking that the camera freaks out.

Brother Mike said...

Wasn't Lynyrd Skynyrd their gym teacher or something like that. I drooled but I didn't Google

Brother Bob said...

Lynyrd Skynyrd was name for the PE teacher who's name was Lynard Skinner (I think). Very good, Mike! Now how about Jethro Tull?