Wednesday, October 24, 2007

On Fire

Hi Everyone,

Well, I'm sure you all know that we are literally on fire out here. I know several people who have come close to losing their homes but thankfully we are not even close to that situation. The only problem we have is all the ash in the pool and now that the winds have stopped its really difficult to breathe. Jacy's practices have been cancelled all week due to so much smoke.
Today was really bad due to smoke. The winds at least blew everything out to the ocean but fueled the fires so its a real catch 22.

I guess it doesn't matter where you live there are always elements to deal with.

Everyone take care,

Kim

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh my, it must be really thick out there. We have air advisories for tomorrow and Saturday, I guess they figure the smoke will get here like it has other times. We alrealdy smell smoke, but nothing like you guys! If you need a place to escape to you're welcome here. Can you see any of the fires? I think they are not that close to you, which is really good.

Kim O said...

We can see the smoke billowing in the hills but no flames. I have gotten a few text messages from friends who have taken pictures above their houses with flames. That is really scary. Its actually worse today than yesterday and no real end in sight apparently. I will keep that in mind about the escape thanks.

Natalie said...

It is just unbelievable how bad these fires are, and to think that some of them are possibly because of arson. Hopefully it starts getting better soon.

Unknown said...

Hey Kim...I'm glad you guys are okay...I knew the actual fires weren't close to you guys but I forgot about the smoke!! I hope it starts to get better soon.....keep us posted!!!!!

Tom & Linda said...

Well our compouter is fixed. I thought you were probably getting lots of smoke and I wondered about Carla & Bob, Vera and Terry, gladd they are OK.