Friday, October 19, 2007

HEAD FOR THE BASEMENT!

OOOOEEEE did we have an exciting day yesterday. First we were had tornado watches around noon, then around 4 it became tornado warnings , then at 5 the sirens went off at the fire station and the weatherman on the TV said to head for the basement and our weather radio said the same thing. So, Tom, Gracie and me on crutches went down to our basement. We have everything we need in the basement so we settled in for what we thought was going to be our first tornado because it was headed right for us, but then it took a jog north and went above us, then picked up intensity and spread out and hit New Albany, IN and down into Louisville, KY. We had been at my orthopedic doctor in New Albany in the morning and it was just raining then. When we first moved here, I thought it was weird that the TV weathermen were so serious because in Las Vegas the were anything but serious. Here they tracked storms by city and time, like they say "the rain will be in Elizabeth at 7:31" or what ever and they are right and now I know why. Well anyway the sirens went off at 7 and we went back upstairs. It didn't look like any of the tornados went to Kelsey's area. I am going to call her this morning. I am glad that our house is all brick!

5 comments:

jase said...

Wow! I'm glad you guys are ok. What a crazy story.

Denise said...

wow!
too scary for me- i'm glad you're okay!!!

Natalie said...

That sounds exciting! Of course, that is easy for me to say because I do not live there. Glad you are ok.

Brother Mike said...

Another thing about your brick house. The Big Bad Wolf can't blow it down.
I'm glad you're ok.

Unknown said...

That is scary....I'm glad you are okay too...I would not be able to handle that!!!!