Monday, November 26, 2007

a WICKED weekend




  • Okay, so I said that I would post pics from this last weekend, so here they are - - my friend Megan flew into Ohio from Reno and then we drove up to Chicago and went to see the musical WICKED at the Ford Oriental Theater. (for those of you who may not have heard about WICKED before - the play is based off of the book, which is the background story on the Wicked Witch of the West in The Wizard of Oz - the author has also written books about the ugly stepsisters and other characters; it's a really creative idea) It was SO much fun and the play was outstanding!!! I highly recommend it to everyone! The play changed a lot of stuff from the book, but it had a better ending and was still wonderful to watch! We stayed at the Palmer House Hilton, which was exquisite and gorgeous! The theater was beautiful as well and contained very detailed carvings all over the walls, but they would not let us take any pictures of the inside of it. We sat in the balcony section in the first row, so we had one of the better views. We also ate dinner at the Park Grill, which was right next to an ice skating rink : )
  • In just one more week I will be flying back to Vegas for 3 weeks! My winter break is the only real break that I get during the entire year (since I have to take summer classes too), and my classes start again during the first week of January.
  • Enjoy the slideshow : )
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Tom & Linda said...

WOW great pics! Glad you had fun, did you drive around the Chicago area? Now I would like to know how to do a slide show instead of the way I have been sending pictures.

kelsey said...

No, we just drove into Chicago and parked our car at the Hilton's parking garage and then left the next morning - it's insane (especially right now with the holiday madness) trying to drive around Chicago - - If we had been in town for longer we would have taken the "L" uptown to go shopping and sightseeing, but we were just there for the play : )

To upload a slide show, you can make one with picassa or photobucket or some program and then get the html code for it and copy and paste it into your blog that you post :)

Barbara said...

Wow - what an elegant place you stayed at! You two must have felt first class! Such fun!!!

kelsey said...

for some reason the slide show is only showing like 5 of the pics when i view it on our blog - if this is happening when you view it too, then click on "view show" next to the slide show to see the rest of them
: )

Anonymous said...

Never seen Wicked on concert, I was not going to see it, Wicked tickets got sky rocked thanks to stupid
brokers. But even if I had seen it, I wouldn't buy it. I'd rather wait and see it on DVD. Well surprise I
changed my mind and I got 2 tix for the Wicked show I was looking for tickets thanks god there sites like

Ticketsinventory ;here is the site
http://www.ticketsinventory.com/theatre/
Theater Tickets .
So any body will go to the Wicked concert ??