Saturday, January 12, 2008

Brewing my own beer




A few weeks ago, my neighbor, Ernie let me tast some of his "homebrew". He has been brewing his own beer at home for a few months now. I decided to give homebrew a try. Dad gave me a homebrew kit for Christmas and this saturday was brewing day! I am brewing a version of Fat Tire (popular Belgium style Ale in the north - cant get it here in the sunshine state). Once the beer is done, I am bottling the beer and I have even created my own label. Let's hope it comes out great! See below for some pictures of the process.






5 comments:

Denise said...

Way Kewl!!! We just drank Fat Tire at lunch today! Hope it turns out!

Unknown said...

That looks awesome....I hope it turns out good for you! We will have to send you some Fat Tire sometime!!

Unknown said...

Oh yah...I like the label too!

Barbara said...

Looks like a neat project. Pure science, I'd say. Hmmm... are you going to serve some to your Dad for his B-day? A handful of weeks? Are you grabbing time?

Tom & Linda said...

WOW, can't wait to try it after you taste it first. I like the label.